Nobody likes paying taxes – but taxday can be a payday if you know what you’re doing! You don’t have to be an expert accountant or be willing to use some dodgy tax strategies. All you have to do is find a way to make the rules work for you. There’s no time like right now to file federal income tax return information and get ready to collect your refund (and even if you owe the IRS money, you’d be surprised at how easy it is to pay that off.
So what are the five key trends you can use to get the most out of your return?
- More and more states are bumping up credits even as they run down their bank accounts. Even if you owe when you file federal income tax return forms, you might get back all that money and more in state tax credits. Why are they so generous? Because they know you’re hurting – to get the tax credits they’re offering, all you have to do is know how to ask.
- Even if you file federal income tax return forms late, you can still benefit. The IRS knows that people who file late often have a good reason (a lost job, a health problem, a financial crisis), and that they tend to be owed money. So if you’re worried about how much you’ll have to pay the IRS, file a federal income tax return and see if they should be paying you instead.
- Even if can’t pay when you file a federal income tax return, you can choose to pay off the back taxes later! You’ll have to agree to a payment plan, but with today’s low interest rates, it’s going to be an attractive one. The IRS can ruin your credit, and your life – but that’s not what they want or what you want! If you know how to ask, you can always be sure that you’re only paying what you can afford.
- Thanks to huge new tax credits, you can get money back on last year’s taxes – for things you did this year! The “IRS time machine” has allowed taxpayers who earned certain credits (primarily in real estate) to pay less on one year’s taxes, for things they did the next year! When you file federal income tax retunr information, don’t miss your chance to save.
- You can get all these extra benefits, but you don’t have to lift a finger. Why spend extra time and effort to file a federal income tax return when an online tax preparation company can handle all the details for you? All you have to do is enter your basic information, and they’ll file federal tax return for you, and find all the credits and deductions you qualify for – automatically.
The secret way to file a federal income tax return is that there is no secret! There’s just a lot of hard work, and it needs to be done fast. But you don’t have to be the one to do it. Don’t spend another minute worrying about the IRS – file your taxes online now, and get the deductions, the credits, and even the refund you deserve.